Bezel Modifications



I used some simple designs that I found on the web. I then used a tracing paper to transfer outlines of the shapes onto the plastic bezel.



Traced outline of the flowers and hearts.



Since I did not have any air cooling, I turned the RPMs down in order to avoid getting the plastic melted around the burr.



Going shallow passes - one at a time...



Keeping the lines as close as possible to the original




Carefully progressing while avoiding overheating the plastic. You can ruin your entire design if a blob of melted plastic suddenly sticks to the burr and wipes a chunk out of the bezel.



Flower design



Rough cut-out. All of these were later smoothed out with a hand file



Another flower design



Closeup from the back. I had to take out some of the material, otherwise, the copper mesh would not follow the contours of a thicker material.








No comments:

Post a Comment